The claim should be submitted within six months from the date that the critical illness was diagnosed.
To help us process your claim as quickly as possible, please ensure that the required documents listed in the next section are completed and sent to us. We may need more time to process the claim if further clarification is needed, and will inform you if this occurs.
1.– to be completed by the policy owner
2. Attending Physician Statement (critical illness) – to be completed by the attending doctor in line with the type of illness
3. Copy of the Insured’s or Claimant’s NRIC or passport
4. All other relevant medical reports e.g. histopathology report, ECG report etc.
5. Declaration of Beneficial Ownership – applicable for trust or keyman policies*
*Please provide a copy of the Beneficial Owner’s NRIC or passport if the share is above 25%
6. Proof of Relationship – applicable for Payor Benefit Rider claims
7. Authorisation letter – required if a third party is assisting with the claim
What is the estimated processing time?
Who pays for the Attending Physician Statement or medical report?
The policyowner will have to bear the cost of the Attending Physician Statement or medical report, except for clarifications that Manulife requires.