This section will guide you through the claims submission process to file a medical claim for plans such as ManuCare, ManuMediCash and Hospital and Surgical plans
For medical reimbursement claims that are less than S$1,500 or if the hospitalisation period is less than five days, we may waive the Attending Physician Statement, provided there is sufficient documentary evidence such as an “Inpatient Discharge Summary” or “Doctor’s Memo” showing the cause of illness and period of hospitalisation. However if deemed necessary, the Attending Physician Statement may still be required for claims that meet the above criteria.
To help us process your claim as quickly as possible, please ensure that the required documents listed in the next section are completed and sent to us. We may need more time to process the claim if further clarification is needed, and will inform you if this occurs.
1. – to be completed by the policyowner
2. – to be completed by the attending doctor
3. Copy of the Insured’s or Claimant’s NRIC or passport
4. Final hospital bill(s) – the bills should consist of both the summarised and itemised bills
5. Copy of medical certificate(s)
6. Inpatient Discharge Summary and/or doctor’s memo
7. All other relevant medical reports e.g. lab reports
8. Copy of police report for hospital admissions due to accidents, if any
9. Copy of child’s birth certificate (for Baby Bonus Benefit claims)
10. Authorisation letter – required if a third party is assisting with the claim
What is the estimated processing time?
Who pays for the Attending Physician Statement or medical report?
If I am claiming from my Medical Insurance Shield plan, can I still claim with Manulife?
Please see below illustration:
Mr Ang was admitted to a Private Hospital for one day and the bill amount to $12,000 and submitted under his Manucare Elite Plan.
|Cash from Mr Ang||$1,000|
|Sield Plan (ABC Insurance)||$8,100|
Manulife Claim Assessment:
|Incurred Amount||Manucare Elite Benefit||Payable Amount|
|Room & Board - 1 day||$500||$300 / day||$300|
|Miscellaneous Hospital Expenses||$5,500||As charged||$5,500|
|Surgical Fee||$6,000||As charged||$6,000|
Manulife will reimburse the claim according to the schedule below
Total Payable Amount
|Cash to Mr Ang||$1,000|
|Credit to Medisave Amount||$2,900|
|Sield Plan (ABC Insurance)||$7,900|
*The reimbursement protocol is in accordance with Regulation 23 of the Central Provident Fund (Medisave Account Withdrawals) Regulations (Rg 17), Regulation 20 of the Central Provident Fund (Medishield Scheme) Regulations 2005 and Regulation 13 of the Central Provident Fund (Private Medical Insurance Scheme) Regulations 2006.
Where can I check if my Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is eligible for reimbursement?