Apply to appoint or change the Secondary Life Insured of your policy
This applies to policies with a Secondary Life Insured option that allows Policyowner to appoint a Secondary Life Insured to ensure the continuity of the policy upon the death of the Primary Life Insured. The Primary Life Insured is the original life insured indicated at the policy start date.
If you would like to appoint or change Secondary Life Insured, please complete the
1. Application for upon appointment or change of Secondary Life Insured.
2. When the Primary Life Insured passes on and before the Secondary Life Insured becoming the new life insured of the policy, the following documents are required for verification:
1. Death certificate of the Primary Life Insured;
2. Birth certificate or marriage certificate of the Secondary Life Insured;
3. NRIC of the Secondary Life Insured (not required if the Secondary Life Insured is below 18 years old);
4. Occupation details of Secondary Life Insured.
Who will need to sign the form to activate the change?
For non-trust policies, the Assignee or Policyowner must sign the form.
For a Trust policy under S49L, either of the following parties must sign the form:
• Policyowner and any one Trustee (excluding the Policyowner), or
• All Beneficiaries (each Beneficiary must be at least 18 years old)
For a Trust policy under S73, the Policyowner and all Trustees must sign on the form.