Skip to main content Skip to notification content

Surrender or withdraw a policy

Apply to surrender or withdraw a policy in full or partially.


Purchasing a policy is a big decision, and so is surrendering one; that’s why we want to support you in making the best decision based on your situation.

A policy with an accumulated cash value can be surrendered for cash. By surrendering your policy, you are losing the valuable benefits and coverage of your policy, which may hinder you from meeting your long-term financial objective. You may also not be able to obtain a similar level of protection on the same terms in the future.

If you would like to continue your policy but seek assistance with premium payments, there are other options for your consideration. We urge you to speak to your Representative to discuss your options.

However, if you would still like to proceed with the policy surrender, please follow the instructions below:

For full surrender of investment-linked policies

Your Representative will be able to assist you on this matter.

If you do not have a Representative, or if your policy has a trust arrangement, you may refer to FAQ below for more information.

For partial withdrawal of investment-linked policies, or full surrender of other policies

Please submit the completed Surrender/Withdrawal Form to us.



How to request for Withdrawal/Surrender if you do not have a Representative or if your policy has a trust arrangement?

If you do not have a Representative or if your policy has a trust arrangement, please contact us at for a Surrender/Withdrawal Form. Alternatively, you may submit the request via the Contact Us form.

Once completed and signed by the relevant parties, you may choose to upload to our customer portal, MyManulife, email or mail the form together with the required documents to us for further processing.


Who will need to sign the form to request for Withdrawal/Surrender ? 
For non-trust policies, the Assignee or Policyowner must sign the form. 

For a Trust policy under S49L, either of the following parties must sign the form: 

  • Policyowner and any one Trustee (excluding the Policyowner), or 
  • All Beneficiaries (each Beneficiary must be at least 18 years old)

For a Trust policy under S73, the Policyowner and all Trustees must sign on the form. 


Where will the payment be made to? 

For non-trust policies: 

  • CPF Ordinary Account (OA) policy - proceeds will be paid to the agent bank 
  • CPF Special Account (SA) policy - proceeds will be paid to CPF Board 
  • Cash-funded policy - proceeds will be paid directly to the Assignee/Policyowner 

For Trust under S49L: 

  • We will pay the proceeds to the Trustee or Beneficiary who signed on the Surrender/Withdrawal Form. 

For Trust under S73: 

  • We will pay the proceeds to all Trustees.


Change of premium

Apply to increase of decrease your premium.



Change of sum insured

Apply to increase or decrease your sum insured.



Change to recurring single premium

Make changes to your standing instruction for recurring single premium (RSP) investments.



Change payment frequency

Apply to change the frequency of your premium payment.



Change payment method

Apply to change your payment method from GIRO to Direct Billing or vice versa.



Change rider/supplemetary benefits details

Apply to make changes to your rider or supplementary benefit.



Change insured person

Apply to change the Life Insured on your policy.



Secondary life insured option

Apply to appoint or change the Secondary Life Insured of your policy.



Change occupation details

Update your policy with your change of occupation.



Convert to reduced payout policy

Apply to use your policy's cash value to convert the policy to a reduced paid-up policy.



Change of representative

Request for a change of servicing representative.



Reinstate a lapsed policy

Apply to reinstate a policy after it has lapsed.



Notify Manulife of a will or a will change

Notify Manulife when you have made a will or a change to an existing will.



Other services that we offer

We are always here to help in whatever way we can.